We were in Vegas last week for Nolan’s 30th birthday. It. Was. Awesome.
After being stuck here all winter it was a much-needed break (the day we left we actually got a bunch of snow again!) Knowing that it was snowing and miserable back home made the vacation even better. We went with our friends Tab and Talia. Tab turned 30 nine days before Nolan. Here some of the (mostly food) highlights:
- Spending a day by the pool with large pina coladas and what seemed like endless beer. Unknowingly Talia and I both brought copies of Chelsea Handler’s new book, Uganda Be Kidding Me. As we read we both giggled at her absurd stories and longed to be her friend.
- Taking a Big Bus tour with Talia
- Getting carded at the craps table
- Being a tourist with the yard stick drinks at 10AM
So Many Good Eats!
- Serendipity at Caesars Palace
Onion Rings & Frrrozen Hot Chocolate
(PS Don’t eat The Tasty T-BLT after it hasn’t been refrigerated for hours)
- STK at The Cosmopolitan
“Is STK short for steak? Like without the vowels?”
- Diablo’s near Monte Carlo
Traditional Baked Queso Fundido and pitchers of margaritas
- Yellowtail at Bellagio
Sweet chili edamame and a crab roll with pop rocks
- Todd English Pub
Brass Monkey and beer flight
$35 Bloody Mary! (We didn’t order but I had to snap a pic)
- Twin Peaks
29° beer and quesadillas
This is by no means an exhausted list of the good food in Vegas, or even all the food we ate, but it’s what we enjoyed!