After 18 weeks of marathon training, I’ve got a list of 26 things I’m going to do after the marathon!
It’s been a long, long time since I wrote a list post and you know how much I like writing lists and checking things off! So, in no particular order, here is the list of 26 things I’m going to do after the marathon:
- Celebrate the huge accomplishment!
- Stay out late on a Friday night.
- Sleep in on a Saturday morning.
- Get rid of old running shoes.
- Fix my toes/toenails. They aren’t as bad this time around, but they never fully healed from Nashville. I’d be happy with the toes above.
- Go to a “Taco Tuesday” on Tuesday night. Possibly at Tortilleria Garcia, which we’ve heard so much about.
- Admire the two marathon medals on my Celebrate Every Mile Medal Holder.
- Plan our trip to Europe next spring!
- Stop tracking my runs on paper.
- Complete a house project! Like installing some tall board and batten (cause, you know, we’re professionals) in the dining room and paint the walls dark. I tried to find an inspiration picture but I was so annoyed by all the promoted pins on Pinterest that I gave up.
- Go on a McDonalds cleanse.
- Miss my running group. I don’t always look forward to our group runs, but I always look forward to seeing them! We have just the right amount of support, sarcasm and openness to keep me going!
- Probably join another running group- Tri-State offers an in-between fall/spring marathon training session that I’ll likely join.
- Do a work-out clothes closet clean up.
- Go on more Sophie walks.
- Do some weight lifting- perhaps a Barre3 class.
- Eat less. After the Nashville Marathon I had to make a conscious effort to curb my eating habits since I was no longer running 20-30+ miles/week.
- Make a bigger dent on my 2018 book list.
- Blog more.. maybe? In general I feel like I’ve blogged enough the past 18 weeks, comparatively. The content has shifted from primarily home projects to running and book reviews.
- Ok, maybe 26 was too big of a list…
- Continue doing solo runs, but only when I feel like it and when conditions are favorable.
- Cook something new- I’ve always wanted to try Eggplant Parmesan. It looks relatively easy and is a good meatless option.
- Bake something new- I’ve been following Alexandra’s Kitchen for a long time now and I’d love to try baking her Peasant Bread.
- Decrease the amount of time I talk about running!
- Get one more outdoor bike ride in this year! I’ve missed my bike!
- And last, but not least… after the marathon, I’ll surely debate signing up for a spring marathon. Flying Pig 2019?
Are you still with me? 😛